Kerr Family Update

Monday, February 14, 2005

News regarding the future

Thank you for praying - the Lord still answers prayer!! I am doing so much better now, and thank the Lord for the progress. I see the surgeon again on March 1st for a check-up and will get the MRI results then, too.

Now our big news:-

After much prayer, investigation, "knocking on doors", and waiting on the Lord, we have come to the decision to leave Peterborough after 16 years, and relocate to the "North country" in order to minister among the Assemblies in the New Liskeard to Timmins area.

We feel a sense of peace about this decision and believe it to be of the Lord.

We have prayed much in the words of Ex 33:15 ... "If Thy presence go not with me, carry us not hence" ...

We are not sure of our time-line yet. It will depend on how soon the Lord brings a buyer for our home.

We would appreciate your prayers as we make this transition.

3 Comments:

  • At February 17, 2005 at 10:05 AM, Blogger Jerry said…

    I could have been hallucinating, but I thought I saw Peter driving today... at least I'm 99% sure it was because he waved at me in his rear-view mirror, and that sure looked like the back of his head...

    If so, wow. Praise the Lord.

    Even if not, same thing.

    Thanks for keeping us up to date, Kerrs - it's been very encouraging/inspiring to see your trust in the Lord through this time, not to mention your willingness to follow His lead even when it means notable severance.

    As Don S. would say: Lord bless!
    Jer

     
  • At February 19, 2005 at 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    While I am excited to hear of you embarking on a new adventure with the Lord, and stepping out in faith doing so, it is also with sorrow that I write this. Though we did not see each other often, you will be missed. As I am sure many other former students can say the same, you played a big role in my Christian growth in the years I was at KLBC.

    God Bless all of you - Peter, Dorothy, and the kids. =)

    With Christian love,

    Bill

     
  • At February 27, 2005 at 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello to the Kerr Family!
    Isaiah and I are very excited about your big move. The Northern Chapels can sure use your help! You are a true answer to prayer! :) We are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks in KL. Safe travels!
    Isaiah, Isabelle, Thaddeus and Nadine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home