Kerr Family Update

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Good and ....

The last couple of weeks have been good ... and not so good!


I am still "house-bound" and have not left home since returning from surgery. Stairs are still very difficult; most times Dorothy & Kendall have to help me go up the stairs at bedtime; sometimes it is just less painful to crawl up the stairs. Sitting is still just about impossible.


I have had to go on a walker because of "trouble" with the left leg; at random times there is such a terrible shooting pain that it "draws up" and I can put no weight on it at all. It caused a few "near falls" - hence the need for the walker as "insurance" that I do not fall. For much of the day I don't feel like I really need it, but then suddenly the leg gives way and it is good to have the walker to grab hold of and keep me up.


This has of course been disappointing, but then again it is only 5 weeks since surgery - early days yet. The surgeon warned me it was going to be a "long haul" on the road to recovery, so I guess I just need to be a "patient patient"!! He said it takes 6 to 8 weeks just for the internal swelling & bruising to subside, before real progress can start to be made.


Heidi, Sam & Chelsea are battling a virus of some kind this week, with fever, sore throat, etc. Probably everyone will get it within a few days!! (Share n' share alike!)


I have been enjoying spending significant time with the family. I do Kendall & Tim's Bible lessons with them, some grade 10 Geography with Kendall, Algebra with Kendall & Tim, grade 1 English with Bethany ... I am enjoying my lessons & learning a lot!! Heidi is writing a story and I am helping edit it; she is up to chapter five so far! We have all played lots of Scrabble, Boggle, etc. Chelsea gives many snuggles! In between their lessons & chores, Leanne, Heidi & Sam provide beautiful background music on the piano.


Kendall & I are doing a "small engines" course via correspondence which has been most interesting. Kendall has a real aptitude for mechanical things.


The few inches of snowfall last night look so beautiful outside! (Especially since this winter I will not be shovelling snow!!) Its a winter wonderland blanketed in white - its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!


I remember the words to an old song I learned when I was a new Christian:
"I thank God for the mountains,
And I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the trials He's brought me through,
For if I never had a problem, I wouldn't know that He could solve them,
I wouldn't know what faith in God could do."


"Through it all, Through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
and I've learned to trust in God.
Through it all, Through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word."



Thank you again for upholding us in prayer. It is much appreciated.

4 Comments:

  • At December 12, 2004 at 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Peter and family,

    Levi and Theresa here. Thank you for the update. We continue to pray for you!! Warm wishes to all.

    love in Him,

     
  • At December 13, 2004 at 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Peter, Glad to hear progress is being made! Be careful on those stairs! I'll give you a ring before Christmas.
    We love all you guys!
    Pete & Beverly

     
  • At December 15, 2004 at 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear PK and family,

    The student council sent along a little message from you to the students and faculty at the KLBC Christmas banquet the other evening. It was so kind of you to send your regards. Your absence leaves such a void at KLBC! You are missed in many capacities, including the fact that the current students need to hear your puns. We are praying for you as you recover and wish you a blessed Christmas.

    Love, Dennis, Val & Lael

     
  • At May 23, 2021 at 7:33 PM, Blogger joan hardy said…

    Hi viewers, I'm posting this Because i found lots of people having marriage problems which I also experienced. I recently found help from a man called Dr. Oselumen he did a great job that made my man fell back in love with me again after ten months of separation. I want you to know there are fake online spell Dr .s if someone out there needs help, can email this great spell caster, droselumen@gmail. com check or connect with him on WhatsApp +2348054265852. He will give you the best result. 
    CONTACT HIM FOR ANY KIND OF HELP,MONEY SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL,PREGNANCY SPELL,DIVORCE SPELL,SPELL TO STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL,HEALING SPELL,SPELL TO REMOVE BLACK MAGIC OUT FROM YOUR LIFE,FAMILY AND MARRIAGE PROBLEM. 

     

Post a Comment

<< Home